- Information We Collect
- We recognize your right to confidentiality and are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information that we collect on our Web sites to provide you with a superior shopping experience and to communicate with you about products, services, and promotions.
Becoming a registered user
In order to register, you need to share some personal information, such as your name and e-mail address. You do not have to be a registered user to visit Hairflix.com's web pages. But, you will have to register if you want to place orders or make full use of our services.
Making a purchase
If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as billing address, credit card number, expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes, to fill your orders and to send you order confirmation and shipping notification via email. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Secure Technologies
- We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For example:
We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") authentication to guarantee the confidentiality of online transactions made on our site. SSL authentication and encryption of the information that you send to us over the Internet help protect your online transaction information from third party interception.
We never display your full credit card number once it has been entered. We will only reveal the last four digits of your credit card for verification purposes.
We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone or share your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
To check that your browser is in secure mode, check that a "lock" or a "key" icon is displayed in the lower left-hand corner of your browser window. You can also check by looking at the URL bar on top of your browser. This line will typically show the first characters as "https" when a secure connection has been established rather than "http" which indicates a connection that is not secured.
Unfortunately, despite all of our efforts, there is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. This reality is true of all Internet use. As a result, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit, and you transmit all information at your own risk.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- HairFlix primarily collects personal information to make your online shopping experience more rewarding and convenient for you to use. We also use this information for internal purposes, such as researching our customers' preferences to improve HairFlix.com.
We may also use your information to contact you for account communication and promotional purposes.
- How to Avoid Receiving Newsletters and Promotion Materials
- We use e-mail addresses to send out newsletters and promotional announcements. When you register, you can choose not to receive these announcements by opting-out of delivery. If you receive an e-mail and want to avoid further messages, look at the end of the e-mail for instructions on how to remove yourself from the mailing list. You can also edit your e-mail preferences in My Account.
- Who Views Your Personal Information
- Hairflix.com DOES NOT Share Personally Identifiable Information with Third Parties in ways other than disclosed within this privacy statement.
Hairflix may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your personally identifiable information for other purposes.
Hairflix.com DOES NOT SELL Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties for any reason.
- Children Under 13
- You can look at our site, but you cannot make a purchase. You also cannot become a registered user, or use any service that asks for personal information. Our site is not designed for children. We do not wish to collect personal information from children under 13.
This policy is designed to protect children. Federal law requires us to take special steps to safeguard children's privacy.
If you register with us and we discover that you are under 13, we will delete your registration. We will send you a message if we do this. If you are under 13 and want to make a purchase, please ask a parent to place the order for you.
- Cookies on Hairflixshop.com
- We collect some anonymous information about how you use the site by setting and accessing cookies on your computer. These cookies track information such as how often you visit our web site, what pages you view, and where you go after you leave the site. The cookies track your computer, not you. They are not connected to any personal information about you.
- Questions About This Policy